COVID-19 update from WashCo
As managing director of WashCo, I wanted to take this personal opportunity to write to you in support of the fear and confusion that surrounds the crisis of the Covid-19 pandemic. I can imagine that you are facing unknown challenges in your individual businesses and that, like me, you are doing your utmost to continue to operate on a normal footing where possible.
The speed with which change is occurring is unnerving and, as I write this, I myself fully appreciate that by the time you read this the WHO and our own Government may have issued new guidance that will directly affect our efforts. However, I wish to write to you all personally and illustrate the plans we have put in place to ensure we can continue to service and support your businesses throughout this period.
- We currently have 100% operational coverage.
- We have instigated a disinfection process for all our physical locations along with continual cleansing.
- We are enforcing the highest standards of personal hygiene, ensuring that we follow or exceed the minimum standards as advised by WHO, Government and the NHS.
- We understand that our operatives in the field have to attend multiple sites and have provisioned them with sanitising products and guidance to follow. We have also asked that they take every opportunity to use hand wash facilities on site, as this is still proven to be the most effective means of reducing transmission. Also, they are willing to follow any additional policies or procedures you have put in place.
- We have relaxed our employee purchasing policy to ensure individuals can remain stocked with disinfection products.
- We have higher than standard stock of replacement equipment and parts, (a grateful benefit of Brexit provisions) and to date we have continued supply chain access with no known obstacles.
- We have created an ability to have administrative persons work from home and have already dealt with IT and telecoms planning.
- We are communicating with our supply chain regularly to keep abreast of any impacts they are enduring so we may react as best we can.
The board of directors of WashCo will continue to monitor global, national and local events and will ensure we maintain the best practices, following the up to date advice offered by the NHS, Government and the WHO.
WashCo will continue to monitor global, national and local events and will ensure we maintain the best practices, following the latest advice offered by the NHS, Government and the WHO.
We will endeavour to update this information on a regular and ongoing basis, please check back for further updates during this time.
Peter Hosking, Managing Director